Clinical Coordinator, EMS/Fire Administrator, Public Health Nurse
Varied Open Positions, Open Until Filled
- Administrative Assistant II/III-Merit-HHS
- Chief Deputy Auditor/Controller-Finance
- Clinical Coordinator
- Community Development Deputy Director Extra Help-Social Services Aide
- EMS/Fire Administrator
Under general supervision of the County Administrative Officer will be responsible for the planning, coordination and direction of the programs and activities of the Eastern Alpine Fire/Rescue through volunteer effort; to supervise fire suppression and investigation activities; and to perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s degree in fire science highly desirable
Three (3) to Five (5) years of increasingly responsible paid fire service experience, Or Seven (7) years of experience in the volunteer fire system with a minimum rank of Captain.
- Possession of a valid Class B Firefighter I certificate or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Emergency Medical Technician 1B certificate and enrollment in the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- Valid California or Nevada Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Valid California Fire Inspector professional certification series level I or ability to obtain certification within two (2) years of hire.
- Ability to obtain the ICS-300 (Intermediate Incident Command System) certification; and the ICS-200 (ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents) certification; and the IS-700 (National Incident Management System, an Introduction) certification within ninety (90) days from date of hire.
- The ability to obtain the ICS-300 (Intermediate Incident Command System) certification and the IS-800 (National Response Framework, an Introduction) certification within one (1) year from date of hire.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: 100% FTE exempt position in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employees with co-payment by employees, dependent upon family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Administrative Leave: 80 hours per year
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan for New Members
- Deferred Compensation: Voluntary deferred compensation program offered.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
- Fiscal and Administrative Supervisor
- Fiscal and Technical Specialist-CDA
- Public Health Nurse
- Public Health Program Coordinator
- Road Maintenance Worker I/II/III
- Social Worker III or IV-Merit Services