Senior Staff Accountant
Responsible for recording and reporting financial transactions, reconciling cash and ledger accounts, and producing accurate and timely financial statements. Research and analyze monthly variances for periodic reports, including month-end. Provide financial guidance on proper accounting procedures and general ledger accounts to all levels of the organization. Participate in the monthly reporting, annual budget planning process, and annual audit. Identify inefficiencies and take ownership of providing updated training materials, templates, policies, and procedures. Support software upgrades as project manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITES & FUNCTIONS
• Accurately prepare complex and standard journal entries throughout the period and at month end close, in accordance with GAAP.
• Maintain well-documented and accurate work papers for journal entries, reconciliations, and audit.
• Create and maintain a schedule of prepaid amortizations and expense allocations.
• Provide month-end research to identify, analyze, and explain expense variances and changes
on the balance sheet.
• Support year-end close processes, annual budget preparation, and audit, preparing schedules and analytics as required.
• Assist with forecasting expenses and budget trend analysis as required.
• Identify control weaknesses and suggest process improvements to ensure that effective controls are maintained over the financial accounting and reporting.
• Communicate and coordinate with department heads and supervisors to obtain and/or provide
information needed for analysis, forecast, journals and reconciliations.
• Provide accounting related guidance on proper general ledger coding and budget to other members of the organization.
• Support training across the organization by developing training documentation, coordinating software and informational training sessions.
• Escalate financial findings, concerns and issues as appropriate.
• Provide support and coverage for Finance department team members as needed.
•Lead accounting software-related conversions or upgrades to streamline processes and provide effective project management.
•Identify opportunities to enhance and create more effective and accurate financial reports.