The City of Connell is accepting applications for a full-time, exempt City Treasurer. Under
general direction of the City Administrator, this position plans and manages the City’s financial,
fiscal, procurement, payroll, auditing, business administration and support for the accounting and
treasury functions of the City.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be high school graduates or the equivalent, and must have
two years’ experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred but not required. Local government experience is
MONTHLY SALARY: $5,523 to $6,595 monthly, depending on experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Principles and practices of accounting, auditing, fiscal management, budgeting and human resources.
• practices and procedures. Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing.
• Considerable knowledge of cash and investment practices and procedures.
• Contract negotiation and management.
• Purchasing and bidding laws and best practices.
• Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and quickly.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Effectively deliver presentations and reports in a public forum.
• Ability to establish successfully working relationships.
• Customer services concepts and principles.
• Direct, organize and coordinate multiple projects and activities.
• Gather, interpret and present a variety of reports and analytical information in an understandable way.
• Recognize and understand the organizational and budgetary impacts of decisions and recommendations.
• Work independently under broad policy direction and goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is opened until filled. To be considered in our initial review of applications,
please submit materials by midnight on May 8, 2022.