Part Time Deputy Auditor
NATURE OF WORK
Under close supervision, performs a variety of clerical and technical recording functions for the Auditor; collects fees and payments for services, and records the transactions.
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
* Answers and directs incoming calls.
* Provides customer service to the public and other governmental agencies in person and by telephone
* Balances and maintains assigned cash drawer; prepares bank deposits.
* Performs a variety of routine clerical duties including data entry, sorts and processes departmental mail.
* Provides assistance in maintaining, cleaning, and troubleshooting office equipment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is performed in a standard office environment and at the public counter; subject to sitting and standing for extended periods of time, bending, reaching, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; AND one (1) year general office or customer service experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Customer service standards and protocol.
* General office practices and equipment.
* Standard computer software applications.
* Performing a variety of recording and clerical functions.
* Responding to inquiries and providing customer service to the public.
* Processing utility account statements and maintaining accurate records.
* Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other staff, and the general public.
* Communicating effectively verbally and in writing