An integral member of the Finance team, this position provides reports and documents that help company executives make important financial decisions. Our Senior Accountant contributes to the monthly closing process by performing revenue accounting, reporting, accounting research and documentation, and other general ledger responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare and post journal entries.
· Perform general ledger reconciliations for various financial accounts.
· Understand contracts and agreements and apply proper accounting.
· Review billing instructions for completeness and accuracy.
· Perform monthly account, variance, and trend analysis.
· Prepare accounting documentation on significant transactions and prepare monthly management reports.
· Assist in preparation of cash management reporting.
· Research and document proper accounting procedures on multiple topics, and document findings in white papers to assist in department compliance with GAAP.
· Assist in implementing process changes for new accounting standards and process improvements.
· Prepare audit schedules and assist in the preparation of external audits.
· Perform ad hoc reports and additional accounting duties to support the team.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in financial reporting, financial analysis, and general ledger.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA designation is a plus.
· Strong knowledge of general accounting practices and principles, and ability to read and understand legal documents.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills. Must comprehend complex transactions and issues with a proven ability to think outside the box.
· Thrives in a team environment while working with minimal direction.
· Ability to multi‐task, prioritize work, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
· Ability to communicate and interact confidently with the leadership team.
· Proven track record of demonstrating ethical behavior and integrity.
· Ability to lead and execute innovative solutions for the accounting team.
· Experience with Microsoft 365; advanced proficiency in Excel is a plus.
· Proficiency with Great Plains accounting software is preferred.
$75,000/year or higher commensurate with experience; 401K with match; health and dental insurance; long term disability and life insurance; paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). Hybrid work model possible at management discretion after 90-days.
About Precision Aircraft Solutions
Precision Aircraft Solutions is an international leader in the design and execution of aircraft cargo conversions and special mission modifications, component and mod kit manufacturing, STC and AMOC certification, and continued airworthiness support. The dedication to our customers and creative innovation by our employees is evidenced by our core values of ownership, motivation, respect, honesty, and adaptability. We are committed to providing the best solutions for all parties; owners, investors, end users, crews, and mission managers which enables us to lead the industry in mission conversions, extending aircraft economic life, and incorporation of new systems technology for more cost‐effective operations.