Corporate Counsel or Assistant General Counsel
This position supports the Legal department’s mission by providing accurate and timely legal advice, performing legal research, preparing legal memoranda, and reviewing or drafting legal documentation concerning legal matters, including: contract review and revision; vendor management; legislative and regulatory review and analysis; drafting and revision of policies; lending, credit and collateral; HR; housing and community development; information security; IT; capital markets; and litigation support. This position serves as primary counsel for housing and community development, contracting and vendor management matters.
What qualifications are needed?
- Corporate Counsel - A minimum of five years of corporate legal experience.
- Assistant General Counsel – Five to ten years of similar or related experience.
- Juris Doctorate degree is required.
- Must be admitted to the Bar of any state. If not admitted in Kansas, must be admitted to the Kansas Bar within one year of employment and maintain good standing in Kansas.
- Excellent legal research and drafting skills, including Westlaw legal research.
- Thorough understanding of secured lending and the Uniform Commercial Code preferred.
- Proficient use of computer programs and databases, including MS Word, Outlook and
SharePoint, and various FHLBank databases.
- Ability to motivate and persuade others through both written and oral communications.
- Ability to identify and analyze legal issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to operate all types of office equipment including computer, copy machine, scanner
- Ability to work hours needed to meet the demands of the job.
Benefits: FHLBank offers a hybrid operating model* and an attractive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, a short-term incentive plan, student loan repayment assistance, onsite fitness center with shower facilities and much more.
*Eligible positions may have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
FHLBank Topeka’s products and services help our member financial institutions support affordable housing and
community development efforts across the Midwest. We have been headquartered in Topeka, Kansas, since 1932.
Find more details & apply online: fhlbtopeka.com/careers
FHLBank is an equal opportunity employer. We accept all people, celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive workplace.