- 06/14/2022 12:00:00
- Full Time
Job Purpose: The Senior Accountant supports multiple locations in the daily accounting duties. Ensures transactional activity is timely in order to meet the deadline and scheduling requirements of any given task. Identify and provide guidance for process and efficiency improvements. Maintain and develop various reports as required, to assist in communicating results to others. Assist with the monthly closing of financial records to Division and Corporate.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares journal entries
- Performs monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with AR and AP activities, as needed
- Interacts with other departments, management, and related companies on a regular basis
- Assists in providing internal and external audit support
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Assist in the completion of the annual budgets and forecasts including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Execute month-end and year-end accounting processes.
- Preform variance analysis
- Review job costs and PPV and recommend standard adjustments
- Able to accomplish tasks within deadlines and outside normal office hours, as business requires
- Perform additional support as assigned to help the team meet overall goals and requirements
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 3+ years of experience.
- Proficiency with ERP software is recommended, along with high a level experience in using Microsoft Office products to manage and interpret large amounts of data.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written).
- Possess a high level of critical thinking.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to complete tasks with limited support staff.
- Willingness to work additional hours if critical deadlines require it.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of accounting and personnel records.