Island Financial is looking to hire a full time Payroll Specialist to process payroll in QuickBooks and other payroll software on a weekly, bi-weekly, bi-monthly and monthly basis for approximately 50 different companies.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Perform payroll related functions including but not limited to: processing new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, rate changes, garnishments, bonuses, expense reimbursements, off-cycle adjustments and manual checks.
- Enter data into payroll databases and software programs.
- Calculate wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
- Create paychecks and direct deposits
- Processes payroll for multiple companies
- Remit payroll taxes for multiple companies
- Assist with Workers’ Compensation audits.
- Create and update payroll reports weekly, monthly, and annually as needed.
- Respond to problems with paychecks, tax deductions, and other payroll-related matters and communicate with clients as appropriate.
- Process Quarterly payroll tax returns and prepare W-2’s at year-end
Job Duties include ensuring all payments are processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level of tact and confidentiality.
Two years of accounting or business experience is preferred. Applicant must be detail-orientated, a problem solver, and analytical in their thought processes.
Island Financial was founded in 2005 and has 2 offices; One located on the South End of Hilton Head Island, and a second location in Bluffton, SC.