Come join the Accounting Team at Kandiyohi County!
This position is located at the Health and Human Services Building, it is responsible for submitting timely and accurate healthcare claims to insurance companies and sending invoices to clients. Research and appeal denied claims. Ensure maximum reimbursement for services provided according to contact fee schedules. Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual grant invoicing, cost reports, reconciliations and other financial reports for various federal, state, and local grants. Collaborate with grant managers and program and finance staff to closely track grant versus budget spending. Prepare, post, verify and record all payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
• Review, balance, and/or reconciles accounts, statements, receipts, collections, coding systems, or related financial transactions, processes, and reports
• track, monitor, and audit accounts
• ensure compliance with governmental regulations
• Enter information into, review, and update financial and statistical records, and accounting systems and software
• prepare, maintain, submit, and process financial documents, files, records, forms, and reports
• ensure information accuracy and compliance with standard accounting practices and statutes
• Receive, process and/or prepare a variety of receipts, invoices, expenses, statements, payments, transactions, budget changes, and other information
• reconcile accounts and track discrepancies
Associate's degree or two-year technical certificate in Accounting; 3 years accounting support or related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Medical billing experience preferred.
This is a full time position, hours of work are M-F 8:00 - 4:30. Kandiyohi County offers a full benefits package. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D and LTD, Flexible Spending Accounts, HSA Option, 457(b) Deferred Comp Plan and PERA Retirement Plan. Benefits begin on the first of the month following employment.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.kcmn.us (or by clicking on the ''apply'' button).
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at:
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kcmn (or click on the ''apply''