Seeking an experienced Tax & Consulting Accountant to join our team at Kates Tax Service in Decatur, IL.
Kates Tax Service has been locally owned and operated for over 50 years. Our mission is to completely change the way our customers engage with their taxes. At Kates Tax Service you will find flexibility, career development opportunities, and be able to work in your neighborhood.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct tax interviews
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses
- Uncover potential deductions and credits
- Ensuring client confidentiality and privacy
- Delivering great customer service
- Increasing retention of all clients
- Offering additional products and services
- Office Duties
Skills & Competencies:
- Knowledge of tax laws, tax concepts, and familiarity with form 1040 or certification
- Ability/motivation to expand expertise and obtain a tax credential or certification
- Strong customer service skills with capability to empathize and instill confidence
- Ability to work within a team to assist in preparation of accurate tax returns in a timely manner
- Strong research skills and the ability to quickly use online resources for answers
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Persistence and determination
- Willingness to utilize audio/visual tools to communicate with customers
- Required: 3+ years’ experience in tax preparation – with a minimum of 30 tax returns per year
- Prior tax preparation experience in a tax practice or retail setting required
- Preferred college in relevant field – business, finance, accounting, or tax
- Required: PTIN
Please send a resume with skills and experience that meet the requirements for this position.
Compensation is based on commission and experience.
Job Type: Full-Time; 40+ Hours
Our Open Hours:
9 am-7 pm Monday-Friday
9 am-5 pm Saturday