Attendee Services Specialist
Job Title: Attendee Services Specialist
Reports To: Attendee Services Lead
Prepared By: Human Resources
Position Held By: Vacant
Position Type: Full-time. Position requires 40 hours per week, 7:30 am to 4:30, Monday-Friday.
Keystone Symposia develops and produces conferences for the top biology researchers in the world. The Attendee Services Specialist has an essential role in this by providing the best possible customer service experience. The Attendee Services Specialist uses customer service and multi-tasking skills to answer phone calls and email in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Answer inquiries and requests from attendees and respond appropriately by phone or e-mail professionally and in a timely manner with excellent customer service skills. This covers cancellations, transfers, refunds, credit card and payment inquiries, and invoice requests.
- Coordinate with other departments to answer questions and solve problems concerning attendee accounts, abstract uploads or other various attendee issues.
- Attention to detail is required for processing payments, cash handling and bank deposits.
- Process special Visa letters, certificates of meeting attendance, invitation letters, and poster letters.
- Credit card reconciliation involves analysis in comparing reports from our credit card processing system and reservation system.
- Process and proof the format of abstracts according to KS standard guidelines in preparation of online publication within defined time deadlines.
- Accurate and timely cash handling and data entry.
- Reservation system database maintenance and clean-up.
- Other projects will be assigned as needed during the off season.
- Assures compliance with and remains current on Keystone Symposia policies, procedures and regulations.
- Works closely with Attendee Services Lead to accomplish deadlines and project goals; also covers for manager when he/she is out of the office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED and at least one to three years of customer service experience is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
SKILLS & LANGUAGE
English speaking. Other languages are helpful but not required.
Excellent Customer Service Skills.
Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and intermediate to advanced Excel is essential.
High attention to detail is required.
Excellent multi-tasking and researching skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure and safety manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and perform routine tasks.
Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other employees.
Ability to meet hard deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
Ability to work basic office machines such as fax, copier and scanner.
Ability to do basic math, which means the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The pay for this position is $19.25 per hour with outstanding full time benefits including, 4 weeks vacation, low rates for Health, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability Insurance, Company match for 401K, sick time, Holidays off and a Monday thru Friday schedule.