OPEN: February 6, 2024 CLOSES: Open Until Filled
SALARY: Based on Qualifications
LOCATION: Kickapoo Tribal Health Center, McLoud, Oklahoma
This position is organizationally falls under the Health Director of the Kickapoo Tribal Health Center as operated by the Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma. Operational hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. or as needed to better serve the needs of the population. Incumbent must have thorough knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Practices as applied of the Fund Accounting System of the Health Center.
Duties include providing financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports as well as ensuring that policies and procedures are being followed consistently throughout the accounting department in order to safeguard the Health Center assets, verify the accuracy and reliability of its accounting data, and promote adherence to the prescribed policies, and maintain compliance with federal grant awards.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Master’s Degree or CPA, preferred
- Minimum of five (5) + years experience in Financial Management in a fund accounting environment (Tribal and/or IHS experience preferred)
- Experience with a computerized accounting system required.
- Working knowledge of Micro Information Products (MIP) accounting software preferred.
- Previous audit and grant management experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to all phases of the job duties.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and written.
- All applicants tentatively selected for employment will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and random drug testing throughout employment.
- Will be required to have an OSBI and Federal background clearance.
- Must have valid Oklahoma State Driver License.
- Your application will be rated based on the information provided in your application, therefore your application must state specific duties that relate to this position. Please attach a copy of any training certifications.
The Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma is committed to Equal Employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. However, in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25 U.S. Code 472 and 473) preference in filling vacancies are given to qualified Indian candidates. Please submit a copy of CDIB card with resume if claiming Indian Preference.
To apply, please click "Apply Now" to submit your resume to the Kickapoo Tribal Health Center,
Kickapoo Tribal Health Center is an At-Will Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace