Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for directing and coordinating all Kittson Healthcare activities concerned with financial administration, general accounting, patient accounting and financial and statistical reporting.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
1. Must have at least three years Business Office experience.
2. Must be able to calculate numbers with accuracy, using a large volume of figures.
3. Must have good typing and computer skills, and be able to use a Ten-key adding machine with accuracy and speed.
4. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
5. Must have previous experience in healthcare setting.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
1. An education in Business Administration and/or Accounting/ Finance from an accredited college or university preferred.
2. Five to Seven years of increasing responsibility in the healthcare environmental preferred.
3. MBA or CPA with three to five years' healthcare experience preferred.
4. Strong analytical skills necessary as well as working knowledge of computer systems and accounting/ finance software.
5. Must be able to demonstrate or substantiate knowledge in accounting/ finance principles and applications.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS (preferred):
1. Previous experience with healthcare administration or finance
2. Master's in Accounting, Finance or Administration
Required Licensure/Registration/Certification: Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
1. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
2. Must be able to function independently, be flexible-time wise, and have the ability to work effectively as a team member when the opportunity arises.
3. Must have a broad and comprehensive understanding of the audit process and programs.
1. Coordinates the integration of interdepartmental and intradepartmental services
2. Develops and implements policies and procedures and ensures that goals and objectives are consistent with the Kittson Healthcare's mission, vision, and strategic plan.
3. Maintains adequate staff of qualified and competent personnel to satisfy departmental responsibilities. Provides for orientation and continuing education, as needed, to maintain staff that is competent in job-related skills.
4. Reconciles all accounts within the GL each month, and makes the necessary JE to fix if necessary.
5. Devises and installs new or modified accounting systems to provide complete and accurate records of Kittson Healthcare's assets, liabilities, and financial transactions. Evaluates accounting and patient accounting procedures for quality control, and establishes methodology for insuring timely receipt of payments on patient accounts by reducing costs of accounting operations, and expediting flow of work for efficiency.
6. Prepares Kittson Healthcare operating and capital budgets based on past, current and anticipated expenditures and revenues. Directs compilation of data and preparation of financial and operating reports for planning effective administration of Kittson Healthcare activities by management.
7. Prepares detailed analyses of financial statements to reflect variances in income, expenditures, and capital asset values from previous periods. Makes recommendations to administration concerning means of reducing Kittson Healthcare operating costs and increasing revenues, based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports, and industry operating procedures.
8. Arranges for audits of Kittson Healthcare accounts. Prepares, or directs preparation of annual tax returns, quarterly financial reports, and other required governmental reporting. Prepares, or contracts for preparation of the annual Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, 990, and audits.
9. Prepares monthly board reports.
10. Completes special monthly finance reports.
11. Provides general assistance to administrative personnel in all business and accounting functions.
12. Completes and submits monthly management reports.
13. Coordinates year-end audit activities.
14. Assists in preparation for audit.
15. Acts as a liaison between auditory teams and Kittson Healthcare personnel.
16. Follows and/or establishes financial policies and procedures within the Business Office, and Kittson Healthcare.
17. Maintains awareness of Federal and State regulations as they pertain to accounting services.
18. Performs any other job related duties as requested by management, and/or special projects as assigned.
19. Prepares annual budget in coordination with the CEO.
Must be able to work with frequent interruptions, maintaining a high degree of concentration through stressful situations.
1. Prolonged sitting with occasional walking.
2. Must have good finger dexterity for using computer and/or other related office equipment.
Must be able to show patience and tact with co-workers.
1. Working hours are flexible and subject to approval by Supervisor.
2. Works in well-lighted and well-ventilated office.
EQUIPMENT OR MACHINES:
3. Copy machine
4. Ten-key adding machine
6. Fax machine
1. Participate in Fire Safety Plan of Action.
2. Participate in Disaster Plan of Action.
3. Participate in Universal Precautions for AIDS, Hepatitis and Tuberculosis.
4. Follow facility established protocol for Isolation and Blood-borne Pathogens.
Frequent contact with accounting and financial information in the normal performance of duties. Confidentiality is essential. Disclosure may affect internal and external relationships.
We offer competitive salary and a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, PTO/ETO, and a 403b plan as eligible per company policy.