McPherson College seeks outstanding applicants for the full-time, 12-month, exempt position of Controller. This position reports to the VP of Finance and is eligible for the college’s generous benefits package. Tuition remission after two years of employment for your dependents and the college contributes to the college’s retirement benefit after 1 year of employment…just two of the fabulous college benefits, which await the successful applicant.
McPherson College is a career-oriented liberal arts institution. It is located in McPherson, Kansas, about one hour north of Wichita, the largest city in the state. The college was founded in 1887 by members of the Church of the Brethren and remains committed to the values of the church: peace and justice, ethical behavior and putting faith into action. The mission of McPherson College is to develop whole persons through scholarship, participation and service. For more information, please visit www.mcpherson.edu.
Essential functions include but are not limited to directing financial reporting and accounting activities of the college; work to transform systems, processes and controls; create and administer policies and procedures aimed at maintaining a strong fiscal operation and controlling the assets of the college; directing financial audits; compliance with state and federal regulations; involvement in budgeting, analysis and forecasting; providing strong leadership for business office staff and building an effective team; interpret technical financial information presented in various formats in order to analyze, record, and report in the financial system; communicate effectively, positively, and professionally with management, students, staff, faculty and vendors.
- A college degree is required in Accounting or a related field. A licensed CPA or plan to sit for the exam preferred. Minimum of 3 years of progressive accounting, management and administrative experience required.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized self-starter, who pays attention to detail and is able to work on a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and financial software, preferably in an academic environment.
- Experience managing a team, preferably a business, accounting or finance team, to include the planning and directing the work of others.
- The ability to meet deadlines and management multiple projects in a busy office environment.
- Honesty, integrity, and confidentiality are imperative.
Easy to apply at: https://www.mcpherson.edu/jobs/controller/ and include cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three professional references.
The position is open until filled.
McPherson College is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse college community.