The following position is available with the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
Manage the fiscal activities of the agency to include budgeting, accounting, reporting, and compliance in a manner to ensure adherence to state and federal laws, adherence to agency policy, and maintenance of strong internal controls and segregation of duties.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of five years related experience in accounting or auditing required. Minimum of three years’ supervisory experience preferred. Knowledge of CareerTech System preferred. Directly supervise Finance & Procurement staff.
Requires technical skills such as a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience in grants management, knowledge of school and state law and knowledge of governmental financial statements is preferred.
Position based in Stillwater OK. Normal office conditions with some travel and overnights stays required.
- Conduct agency budget activities including, the development of the annual budget; subsequent budget revisions; and carryover calculations.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial status reports.
- Prepare the Carl Perkins and Adult Education and Family Literacy annual federal financial status reports and submit to the U.S. Department of Education.
- Compile and analyze various financial data, including budget work program schedules; monthly budget vs. actual reports; profit and loss statements; and other reports as necessary.
- Provide leadership to the accounting functions of the agency including the management of financial staff.
- Monitor income and expenditure trends of the agency and provide timely reports to management to guide financial decisions.
- Review and authorize purchases and payment of payroll, vendor, and school claims according to state and federal laws.
- Manage the accounting functions of the agency to ensure adherence to state and federal laws and agency policy.
- Continually evaluate processes to ensure internal controls and segregation of duties are effective to prevent waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Provide technical assistance and training to finance staff, agency staff and school administration.
Salary/Benefits: $61,375.50 - $69,861.82 commensurate with education or experience. Health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible benefits plan; teacher’s retirement; vacation/sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance program; and flex-time options. Total salary and benefits package valued at $74,702.92 - $83,827.99.
Position posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days or until position is filled.
Send cover letter, including job title, and resume to:
Mail: Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education, Attn: Marie, 1500 West Seventh Ave., Stillwater, OK 74074.