Director of Finance and Administration
Red River Valley Cooperative Power Association (RRVCPA) is a member-owned electric cooperative headquartered in Halstad, MN. The cooperative provides electricity to 4,850 member-accounts in Clay, Norman and Polk counties in Minnesota. Halstad is conveniently located 35 minutes from Fargo-Moorhead and 45 minutes from Grand Forks. The location allows the successful applicant to enjoy the best of both rural and urban living in a region with abundant social and outdoor opportunities.
The Director of Finance and Administration is an integral part of management at RRVCPA. This full time position provides oversight on all financial aspects of the cooperative. The successful candidate will also provide payroll/benefits administration and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, laws and standards.
• Plan, evaluate, implement, and maintain accounting systems, procedures and internal controls to safeguard assets and provide accurate financial statements
• Provide leadership to administrative team including supervising processes and coaching
• Compile monthly and annual financial reports
• Provide financial planning/analysis including budgeting, forecasting and rates
• Prepare schedules, make necessary adjustments and compile documents for 990 and annual audit
• Prepare annual Form 7 report
• Participate in monthly board meetings
• Administer employee benefits
• Process and report payroll and all related liabilities
• Handle all Treasury services and cashflows
• Stay up to date on regulations and laws impacting the cooperative
• Review policy, procedures and provide necessary recommendations
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial and accounting role with at least 3 years of formal leadership preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Understanding of Uniform System of Accounts of the Rural Utility System (RUS) and General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Understanding of accounting and billing system software - experience with NISC software preferred
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation highly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of financial reporting, budgeting, investments, audit, tax, forecasting, internal controls, risk management, and data analytics
• Maintain strong working relationships with outside professionals.
This job operates in a professional office environment with normal office conditions. Occasional travel is expected for this position. This description is intended to provide basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities and job criteria may change as needs evolve.
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, 401k match and pension plan.
RRVCPA is an equal opportunity employer.