TOWN OF LAKE PARK
Under the administrative direction of the Finance Director, responsible for providing support to the Finance Director and Assistant Finance Director by utilizing accounting, tax and analytical skills and for assisting in account reconciliation, problem resolution and streamlining of tasks.
This position requires use of advanced and independent judgment and discretion in the performance of work duties.
- Establishing written procedures for reconciliations and related accounting tasks; performing monthly and annual bank statement reconciliations or for reviewing reconciliations for completeness
- Preparation of bi-weekly payroll and associated reports as required or for the review of payroll reports for accuracy and completeness; and, for the compilation and analysis of financial information for the preparation of journal entries.
- Responsible for the preparation of regulatory reports as required by State and Federal Agencies, and for the preparation of financial reports of all types, including the reports required in periodic and special audits of the Town’s financial administration.
- Performs other accounting and administrative functions for the Finance Director as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or a related field plus three years of experience in a related field are required.
- Must also have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), government accounting, auditing and financial reporting, and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) requirements.
- Skill in preparing complex reports using advanced computer techniques and specific software programs such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is also required.
Salary range: $49,638.40 to $76,939.52 per year. Starting rate dependent upon qualifications.
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: 5:00 p.m. on June 16, 2023.
Applications may be obtained from and must be submitted directly to the Human Resources Department, Lake Park Town Hall, 535 Park Avenue, Lake Park, Florida 33403. All applicants shall be subject to a criminal background check. Application forms may be downloaded from the Town’s website. Applications will not be accepted by fax or by email. Phone: 561-881-3300. An Equal Opportunity Employer. A copy of the Town of Lake Park EEOP Utilization Report may be obtained upon request.