UW-Superior is committed to making excellence inclusive in every aspect of the institution. Diversity, inclusion and equity are prioritized learning resources for all community members. We strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The University is seeking candidates who will contribute to our mission.
POSITION: Post-Award Sponsored Programs, Grants & Contracts Accountant I (Inst), Working Title: Grant Accountant, 100%, Academic Staff, Renewable, 12-month Appointment, 1 Vacancy
DUTIES: Performs complex accounting duties. Prepares and submits financial reports and invoices, monitors accounts receivable, processes payments and delivers training to others. Collaborates with campus representatives to monitor, analyze, and reconcile financial data for sponsored programs. Interacts directly with project sponsors related to financial reporting, invoicing, payments, and auditing on behalf of the university to ensure compliance.
This position may be eligible for telecommuting and alternative work time schedule per UW System policies.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Two years of relative experience.
- This position is currently ineligible for H1-B sponsorship. A qualification for this position includes independent eligibility to work within the United States upon hire date.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience working with State and/or Federal policies and procedures. Experience using computer-based financial or budgeting systems.
- Experience managing grants, contracts, or agreement-based projects. Knowledge of University of Wisconsin-System.
- The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates that demonstrate a commitment to inclusive excellence and diversity are especially encouraged to apply.
SALARY: Salary range for this position is: $45,000 - $55,000 annually. Additionally, UWS offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance coverage for eligible dependents.
Click apply Today for all the details to be considered.
UW-Superior, A Superior Place:
The University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identities of “final candidates” must be revealed upon request. According to the Attorney General, “final candidates” under Wisconsin law means the five candidates who are considered most qualified for the position. See Wis. Stat. Sec. 19.36(7)(a). The University reserves the right to check additional references with notices given to the candidates at the appropriate time in the process.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate based on an arrest or conviction record.
Employment will also require a sexual harassment reference check. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For UW-Superior campus safety information and crime statistics (Annual Security Report), visit: https://www.uwsuper.edu/safety/clery/index.cfm or contact the Office of Campus Safety at 715- 394-8114 for a printed copy.
UW-Superior is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusivity.