TREASURER / INVESTMENT MANAGER
Treasurer / Investment Manager
We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as our Treasurer and Investment Manager.
This important role will involve developing and implementing investment goals and strategies for Virginia Housing’s investment portfolio to best contribute to the overall success of the organization. The Treasurer will manage the investment of Virginia Housing’s funds in compliance with investment policies, bond resolution provisions and applicable federal and state law. The role will develop and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose proper controls and will collaborate closely with other members of the Capital Markets and Finance staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directing Virginia Housing's treasury management activities including the identification and implementation of treasury products, services, and process improvements.
- Participating in divisional and enterprise-wide operational and strategic planning.
- Providing leadership, mentoring and an active interest in the professional development of direct reporting staff.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Several years (6+ preferred) of direct treasury cash management and investment experience with significant dollar volume.
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze fixed income securities, including agency MBS.
- Knowledge of economics required to interpret how changes in the economy impact the US fixed income markets.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and develop relationships with broker-dealers, commercial banks, and trustees.
- Demonstrated ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills and the highest ethical standards and integrity.
Preferred Experience includes an advanced degree such as an M.B.A. or equivalent professional or technical certification (e.g. CTP, CFA, or CPA) and several years of direct treasury and investment experience.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at https://virginiahousingcareers.com/.
This position will close at midnight on Friday, February 10th.
Hiring Range: $131,242 - $170,614
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -