Accounts Receivable Accountant 2
The Accounts Receivable Accountant 2 is responsible for all fee assessment rules as well as refunding for students. This position also performs accounting duties for the deposit and general receivable accounts for all students and all student related third party billings. This position is located in the Western Oregon University office of Accounting and Business Services which is responsible for the processing and reporting of all financial transactions for the campus. The operation of the office directly affects each of the institution’s employees, students, suppliers, student sponsors, employees of other state agencies, and members of the public. The office’s operations are vital to the independent operation of the campus.
The office has eleven employees excluding students.
- Bachelor's degree with a CPA or PA certificate and three years of accounting experience*, OR
- Bachelor's degree with 30 quarter (20 semester) hours of accounting courses and three years of accounting experience*; OR
- 30 quarter (20 semester) hours of college-level accounting courses and five years of experience.*
- *Accounting experience must include at least 6 of the following:
- documenting and resolving problems within an accounting system;
- classifying revenues and expenditures to funds and accounts;
- ensuring accounting system conforms with applicable controls; reconciling accounts to general or control ledgers;
- preparing journal vouchers;
- applying accounting principles to one or more functional areas; i.e., AR, AP, etc.;
- tracing errors through accounting system;
- processing data using a computer;
- communicating technical material orally and in writing;
- applying computer report information;
- knowledge of governmental and fund accounting;
- applying PC spreadsheet, database, and word processing software
Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Color, veterans, people who identify as LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for this position, even if they do not meet qualifications exactly as listed. We are most interested in finding the best person to fulfill this role within our university community, and that candidate may be someone with transferable skills and experience rather than exact qualifications.
Salary Rate: $4107 - $6286
Click the apply button for more information and application.
Required Application materials:
1. WOU Employment Application form available here – classified
Additional Application materials:
Contact information for three professional references will be requested from finalists. Western Oregon University only considers visa support for Tenure Track employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments for multiple years.
A criminal background check will be completed as a condition of employment; an education check will be processed for positions requiring a formal degree as a minimum requirement.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement:
All WOU students and employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All newly hired employees must meet the vaccination requirement or file an exemption prior to their first day of employment.
Western Oregon University offers an excellent benefits package for eligible employees which includes 95% premium paid healthcare, a generous retirement and vacation package, and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Western Oregon University is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage people of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We embrace our differences, and know that our diverse team is a strength that drives our success. Western Oregon University is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodations, please email us at employment[at]wou.edu and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs